Saturday, July 1, 2017

Finding One's Passion

Ever ask the rhetorical question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" We usually ask that question of ourselves when we feel particularly at sea, so to speak. We still feel as though we haven't landed anywhere or put down solid roots into a passion or interest. I have personally found that those solid roots have commitment written all over them. Another truth I have come to uncover is, we DO know what we REALLY want to do but in all honesty, we won't commit because we don't believe we can be that person or do that thing.  The fact is, our trouble is not in knowing what we want but committing to what we want and doing what it takes to get there. PERIOD.  We may test out the waters, getting our tootsies a little wet, then pull out the moment we realize that real commitment is involved.
All journeys have a bend in the road. 
 What has this got to do with Photography or my travels? Well, travels entail a journey and the above has been my journey for many years. I have stopped all the nonsense. I calmly, but firmly decided that opening my own photography art gallery was exactly what I am to do. You see, I found out that it encompasses all my other passions and lets me tell their tales and share another perspective with others. This is my commitment. I am used to sharing alter perspectives with my background in Philosophy but now, I can do this through visual media.
  I am currently taking courses in Photography and loving every moment. Taking five days off from work just to further, all the more, my coursework and build that foundation for my passion. I will also be developing a YouTube Channel, but that will be further on down the line. Its taken me to 3:00 a.m. some nights to tie up loose ends, developing websites, doing research, going through training modules and not forgetting to shoot some pics along the way. I have been the most wonderful kind of tired these past few days.
  I just want to tell you that it's all worth it. Give the commitment to your passion a try and the most amazing things begin to happen!

 *********************************************************************************





  Please visit the ART GALLERY at AceOfWandsPhotography.com where you can actually purchase not only wall art but totes, duvets, shower curtains, apparel, cups, tech accessories and more with your favorite custom art pieces applied! Very unique items. Take a peek. My art will constantly be changing. And thank you for your interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Never Just A Chair

I love to photograph chairs. An empty chair speaks volumes about the past and about potential. People sit in chairs. The more people, the ...